Résultats: ‘1868’

Nouvelles de l’empremier

1986 par Contribution anonyme

 

1868 – Baie-Egmont :  “A petition of Thomas Mowbray and others, inhabitants of Egmont Bay Settlement and its vicinity, was presented to the House by Mr. Arsenault, and the same was received and read, praying for the establishment of a Small Debt Court at some convenient part of the said Settlement of Egmont Bay.”  (Journal of the House of Assembly of P.E.I., 1868, p. 34.)

 

1888 – Miscouche :  “In North Miscouche there are three sugar factories at work this spring.  The flow of sap has been small owing to the continuance of stormy weather and lack of frost and sunshine.  The production of maple sugar is consequently much below the average.  The manufacturers find no difficulty in disposing of the quantity on hand at very good prices, most of it never leaving the factories where it is produced.  (…)  It is worthy of note that the majority of those taffy-seekers were not ladies but belonged to the male portion of the community.”  (The Prince Edward Island Agriculturist, April 30, 1888)

 

1892 – Bloomfield :  “Les habitants de Bloomfield apprennent avec joie que la station de Mill River doit être transférée de Haywood, où elle profitait au petit nombre et incommodait le grand nombre, et localisée à la traverse de Howlan Road, le centre de la région, où se trouvent nos marchands locaux, MM. F. Pitre et Joseph Gaudet.  Comme le chemin que nous devons à son énergie lorsqu’il était dans le gouvernement local, la nouvelle gare, qui sera ouverte le 1er juillet, portera le nom “Howland Station”, en l’honneur du sénateur dont le nom est sur les lèvres de tout le monde de l’Île.”  (L’Évangéline, le 19 mai 1892).

 

1894 – Palmer Road:  “Jeudi et vendredi de la semaine dernière le Revd. Père Chiasson, Pasteur de la paroisse de Palmer Road, a établi la société du Sacré Coeur dans sa paroisse.  Les cérémonies ont été très imposantes et faites avec solennité.  Les Revd. D. MacDonald curé de Tignish, A.E. Burke, curé d’Alberton et F.X. Gallant, curé de St. Antoine de Bloomfield assistaient pour les confessions.”  (L’Impartial, le 14 juin 1894)