Acquire, preserve, study and interpret the artifacts and arts relating to the heritage of Prince Edward Island Acadians from 1720 to the present.
Since heritage has a great deal to do with the identity of a people, the Acadian Museum wishes to create awareness among Island Acadians and make them proud of their culture, language and heritage, and thus contribute to the survival and development of Prince Edward Island’s Acadian community.
- Artifact conservation and cataloguing;
- Permanent exhibit;
- Four annual temporary exhibits;
- School program offered to Island students;
- Various programs for the community such as openings, open houses, lectures and music concerts;
- Annual events such as the Festival Folk-Acadie, Christmas at the Museum, Heritage Week, Provincial French Awareness Week;
- Welcoming visitors.
The Acadian Museum is affiliated to the Prince Edward Island Museum & Heritage Foundation.
The Association du Musée acadien is a member of the Community Museums Association of PEI, the Société Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin, the Evangeline Tourism Association, Jeunesse acadienne ltée and the Fédération culturelle de l’Î.-P.-É.